James was on vacation for a week in the beginning of June. Our biggest project was taking down an above ground pool and ripping out the deck that surrounded it (it was all rotted). I shouldn't say "our" biggest project...it was all James. Preggers over here couldn't really help much. At any rate, we are now left with a big sand and gravel pit in our back yard. We have plans to build a screened in porch off the back of our house and to build a patio off of that. Of course all of this takes time and money...so it may be awhile before I have pictures of the completed project!!
"Before"
You will have to wait for the "After" photo...a work in progress!
We spent most of James' vacation at home working on house projects, but we were able to take a lunch break at Chuckee Cheese one day. I was deprived as a child and had never been to one. I'm not sure who enjoyed it more, James or Ryan!? I'm thinking James...but that's just speculation.
In other news...Ryan has been using the potty. I have always heard that with boys they do it when THEY are ready...and not a moment before. I tried getting him to go a few times soon after we bought the potty (several months ago) but he would have nothing of it. The other night he was getting ready for bed and told me he needed to use the potty. I keep his potty downstairs, so I thought for sure it was another stall tactic. Not so! He actually peed in the potty (A LOT!). Since that night he has used the potty on a daily basis...if only I could get him to poop in it!!
Baby Girl Carlson is due to join us on the 19th. I am hoping for a little sooner than that...but we shall see. I went to the doctor last week and was only a "fingertip" dilated...whatever that means! I am thinking about a 1/2 cm...which is good, considering that is what I was when I went into LABOR with Ryan!!
At any rate...we will keep you posted!




3 comments:
Wow- that was quite a project! I had not seen it with the pool etc. It looks good! As for baby girl keep walking- Auntie Sarah cant wait to meet you.....what was her name Ryan???
Home improvement projects, potty training, and pregnancy?! You're crazy! Good luck :-)
I know JAMES had more fun at Chuckie Cheese!
Post a Comment