Monday, September 15, 2008

Birthday Weekend

We had a fun weekend celebrating James' and Ryan's birthdays. Ryan turned 3 on the 14th...and I will let you guess James' age. Let's just say there were a lot of 3s celebrated!! We had a family party on Saturday and enjoyed having James' Mom and Dad, his sister and her kids, and his brother and his family for a visit. Ryan enjoyed having his cousins to play with and, of course, he enjoyed opening his presents. I just can't believe he is 3 years old. Seriously--where does the time go?


This year he could actually blow out his own candles!


Ryan loves Handy Manny and his tools!


Oooh...a Mini Cooper!


Gordon...a new addition to his "Thomas" collection


Birthday Exhaustion!

This picture just shows how tired Ryan was (and that he's REALLY not ready to give up that afternoon nap!). I was in the kitchen and James left the living room to talk to me for a minute...when we went back into the living room (at 6:30 pm) this is how we found Ryan. Asleep...sitting up! We put him to bed and he slept until 6:30 this morning.

In addition to celebrating James' and Ryan's birthdays...we gave a little shout out to Ella as well. She turned 2 months on James' birthday...the 12th. We went to her 2 month appointment last week. She weighed 10 lbs, 6 oz (50%), and was 23 1/4 inches (80%). Long and lean and doing well!

4 comments:

Lindy said...

K, Ella is getting so big! It's sad how fast it goes by, huh? I know- crazy that Ryan and David's birthdays are so close. What's funny to think about is that we were both pregnant with our first baby at the exact same time! once again- would have been fun if we had lived closer together! I miss you, too. I have dreams all the time with you in them- like we're just hanging out normal. Hmmm...maybe some day! Hope things have been better for Ella since you stopped nursing- seriously, same thing happened to me with Emily. I had to stop when she was two mo. and she's been happy as a clam ever since. Formula SUCKS though, it's so expensive. -Hopefully no more blood or belly aches for Miss Ella. Does the Doc think she'll grow out of her food sensitiviy and allergies?

The Rice's said...

Love the new pics!! The one of Ryan asleep on the couch is priceless. Ella look so much bigger already!

Bridgette said...

Par-tay, yo! Happy b-days to everyone. Love Ella and her bog blues in that picture.

Beth said...

That is a GREAT picture of Ella! She is getting so big!