Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Turkey

A few years ago, when James and I were living in North Carolina, our parents came down to celebrate Thanksgiving with us (as well as James' graduation from the police academy). Our Moms thought it would be funny to buy us this ginormous stuffed turkey. Oh, didn't they think they were hilarious! I think they stopped somewhere in Virginia to buy the thing, and then the rest of the way to NC they sat in the back seat with the turkey...making it wave out the window at people and just acting silly with it. I am thinking they must have been a bit punchy from riding in the car so long! Anyway, it has become a tradition in our family that whoever hosts Thanksgiving dinner has to have the turkey. Somehow we have ended up with it at our house for the past several years. At any rate, both of my kids have celebrated their first Thankgiving with this silly turkey. Aren't they lucky?


Ryan's first Thanksgiving-November 2005


Ella's first Thanksgiving-November 2008

1 comment:

Bridgette said...

Ummm...I really think this is just Ryan in both pictures only one he's in pink. :0) Like I can talk, right?