Here are some recent pictures of Ella:
Pretty ballerina girl
"Helping" with the laundry
Sitting up like a big girl
Poor Ryan hasn't had a very great start to 2009. We all caught a NASTY stomach bug just after the New Year. For James, Ella and I it only lasted 24-48 hours. Ryan was unfortunate enough to get it for 7 days. He was just miserable. He was over that for about a week before he got hit with another virus. This one consisted of a sore throat, high fever, nasal congestion, and loss of appetite (like he could afford to lose any more weight from the first virus!). Fortunately this one is known to last only a couple of days. The sore throat and fever are gone and he is just left with congestion at this point. Ryan hardly ever gets sick, so to have two viruses back to back has really knocked him out! Poor little guy hasn't been out of the house more than twice this month!! I think we are all getting a little stir crazy at this point. Anyway, in between viruses, he continues to enjoy his sister (I imagine it is because she hasn't yet gotten into his toys!) and loves to make her laugh. He continues to make US laugh by the funny things that he says. We decided to keep a running list, so here are a few quotes I thought I would share:
1-9-09
Poor Ryan hasn't had a very great start to 2009. We all caught a NASTY stomach bug just after the New Year. For James, Ella and I it only lasted 24-48 hours. Ryan was unfortunate enough to get it for 7 days. He was just miserable. He was over that for about a week before he got hit with another virus. This one consisted of a sore throat, high fever, nasal congestion, and loss of appetite (like he could afford to lose any more weight from the first virus!). Fortunately this one is known to last only a couple of days. The sore throat and fever are gone and he is just left with congestion at this point. Ryan hardly ever gets sick, so to have two viruses back to back has really knocked him out! Poor little guy hasn't been out of the house more than twice this month!! I think we are all getting a little stir crazy at this point. Anyway, in between viruses, he continues to enjoy his sister (I imagine it is because she hasn't yet gotten into his toys!) and loves to make her laugh. He continues to make US laugh by the funny things that he says. We decided to keep a running list, so here are a few quotes I thought I would share:
1-9-09
A conversation between my Mom and Ryan as Ryan was recovering from a stomach bug:
MiMi: “Ryan, do you want to rest for a little while and watch a cartoon?”
Ryan: “No, my head will turn to mush!”
1-21-09
Ryan and James were heading out to Ryan’s Dr’s appointment. Apparently, James was not moving fast enough for Ryan at which point Ryan said, “Dad, just turn the music up and go.”
James and Ryan talking about visiting Grandma and Grandpa:
Ryan: “Dad, we can go visit Grandma and Grandpa at Christmas time.”
James: “We can visit them sooner than that once you’re feeling better.”
Ryan: “Dad, Grandma and Grandpa have tissues at their house.”
1-22-09
Kate: “What are you doing, Ryan?”
Ryan: “None-ya.”
MiMi: “Ryan, do you want to rest for a little while and watch a cartoon?”
Ryan: “No, my head will turn to mush!”
1-21-09
Ryan and James were heading out to Ryan’s Dr’s appointment. Apparently, James was not moving fast enough for Ryan at which point Ryan said, “Dad, just turn the music up and go.”
James and Ryan talking about visiting Grandma and Grandpa:
Ryan: “Dad, we can go visit Grandma and Grandpa at Christmas time.”
James: “We can visit them sooner than that once you’re feeling better.”
Ryan: “Dad, Grandma and Grandpa have tissues at their house.”
1-22-09
Kate: “What are you doing, Ryan?”
Ryan: “None-ya.”
(This last one might be considered a bit disrespectful if he didn't say it with such a huge grin on his face!) Where in the world did he hear that from!?
I wonder what he was wanting to say here!?





2 comments:
lol, I love the 'Dad just turn the music up and go'. :) :) They are finally able to say what they've been thinking for so long! hee hee. great post Kate!
I love the little Ryan quotes. So cute! And I can't BELIEVE Ella is SIX MONTHS old!! Where did the time go?!
Post a Comment