This little guy changed my world. I love him so much and have so enjoyed being able to watch him grow and emerge into the little boy that he is becoming. He is certainly no longer a baby. Sigh.
For his birthday this year, we invited some neighbor friends, as well as some friends from school and church, over to our house for a 'race car themed' birthday party. Unfortunately, I did not get many pictures of the party, as James and I apparently had a miscommunication about the camera...ahem...
Ryan saw a picture of this cake online when I was looking up ideas for his party, and he wanted me to make it. Oy! I'm not very clever in the cake-making/decorating department...but I do have to say that this one was pretty easy, and I was pleased with the way it came out (as was he!).
For one of the games, the kids got inside these 'race cars' that I made (from cardboard boxes) and raced across our backyard and around some traffic cones that James had borrowed from work. The kids loved the racing game...just wish I had some pictures of them actually doing it. (grumble, grumble, grumble)
Honestly, though. How did our Moms and Dads ever plan a birthday party without the internet? I mean, I googled "race car themed birthday" and stole all of my party planning ideas from someone far more clever than me. Thanks to that person for sharing with the world. My kid thought it was the best birthday party, ever!
We kept it pretty low key on Ryan's actual birthday, but he did enjoy opening some gifts from us, as well as his favorite dessert...vanilla ice cream with whipped cream, chocolate sauce, and sprinkles.

3 comments:
Love the cake! It is awesome!! It looks like a great time was had by all!!
The cake looks fantastic! Well done, Kate! I'm sure Ryan will remember this birthday with fondness for years to come. :)
It was a fantastic cake! And I totally could have taken pictures, I didn't even think to offer, sigh.
I loved the cardboard box cars. I was sad that Ben didn't opt to join up. :(
And SERIOUSLY with the party planning. I guess our moms went to the library, and checked out books about a given theme? I don't know. The internet is such a huge resource.
Nice job, Kate!
Post a Comment