I am not a breakfast maker. I'm just not. Well, at least that USED to be my excuse. I should say that I don't enjoy making breakfast. Perhaps it is because I am not really a morning person? Perhaps it is just because my husband DOES enjoy it, and so I let him do the breakfast making. Either way, it's just not my favorite meal to make.
My husband is the BEST pancake maker, and he makes them from scratch. He uses a Betty Crocker recipe from a cookbook that used to belong to his Grandma. It's delicious. On the page before is a waffle recipe. I have adapted it to make it a little healthier, and we LOVE it. I mean, c'mon, I can handle a waffle iron first thing in the morning...I'm not *that* bad! ;)
Favorite Waffle Recipe:
Ingredients:
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups almond milk
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 cups all purpose flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 TBSP honey
1/2 tsp sea salt
Heat waffle iron. Beat eggs until fluffy; beat in remaining ingredients just until smooth. Pour batter from cup or pitcher (these are Betty's words, I use an ice cream scoop or a small ladel) onto center of hot waffle iron. Bake until steaming stops (um, or until the light on your waffle iron tells you that the waffle is done). Remove carefully. ;)
Enjoy!!
Wednesday, July 18, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment