Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Spring...or Summer?

We have been blessed with some warm (uh, make that VERY warm) days so far this spring. I am LOVING it and I am soaking it up for as long as it lasts!! I think the kids are all for it as well!



Ella could really do without the whole grass thing. She gets quite upset when any part of her body (especially toes!) is touching it.


But...put her on a blanket and give her a big purple ball and she is a happy girl!

Unfortunately, we don't have the best looking yard right now. I posted last summer about our backyard projects...ripping out decks and such. Well--the work continues! With the help of James' brother, my nephews, and my father-in-law, two more decks have been torn out of our backyard! Yes--I said two MORE decks. When we moved in there was an above ground pool in the back and it was surrounded by 3 levels of decking. A little much! We preferred the yard space over having a pool, so we got rid of that last spring. James removed the majority of decking by himself last summer, but as you can imagine, when Ella was born in July things kind of came to a halt. I guess we were busy or something!?


The guys--hard at work.


An "after" shot


Thankfully, our town has "spring cleanup" and they will be taking all of this wood for us!

With that done, we are now a little overwhelmed with what to do next...but we have a few ideas and hope to get our yard looking a little better (anything would be an improvement at this point) by the end of the summer. I think our neighbors would appreciate a better view as well. In the meantime, the dirt/sand pits make a great place for Ryan to play with his dump trucks!



He DOES have a sandbox, but who needs it when you have the real thing?

4 comments:

Anne said...

Isn't it so wonderful to get outside? Bria would probably agree with Ella about the grass, except her solution to it is to eat it. :) Hope the yard projects come together for you soon. I'm still amazed at the amount of work required when you own a home, just to keep it in running/acceptable order. :) Hope you guys are doing well.

Elissa said...

wow, kate! you've got quite a project on your hands. it will be so worth it when it's done. those kids are so cute!!!! is it ok if i add you to my list of blogs? i often forget to check here since i don't "see" it frequently.

Beth said...

Such cute pics, Kate! Ben always liked the grass on his toes... he would swish his feet around in it. So funny! I guess it makes a difference if the grass is lush and green or dry, though - maybe later in the summer she'll like it better. :) Or maybe she'll have sensitive feet like Ryan!

Adams Fam: said...

I wish we could come and enjoy the sand pit together! Charlie loves to dig in anything! Our kids are so close in age too, would be so fun;)